The General Assembly (GA) of members is the Alliance’s supreme authority. The quorum for the GA is 40 percent of the voting membership of the CHS Alliance. In between assemblies, the Governing Board is authorised to carry out all acts that further the purposes of the Alliance.
Read the minutes of the Constitutive General Assembly, held in Nairobi on 9 June 2015
The CHS Alliance Secretariat facilitates and promotes cooperation and coordination between the members. The Secretariat is managed by the Executive Director who is appointed by the Governing Board.
The GA elected a governing board of the CHS Alliance on 3 November 2016 in Geneva, Switzerland. Each individual board member’s term of office will last three years, renewable once. The board is supported by three Standing Committees: i) Membership and Nominations Committee; ii) Finance, Risk and Audit Committee; and, iii) Complaints Committee.
- Robert Tickner (Chair), Independent, Former Acting Under Secretary General, Partnerships - International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies and Former CEO, Australian Red Cross
- Jules L. Frost (Vice-Chair), Medair, International Director
- Dr. Samah Bassas, Independent, CEO, Syria Relief Network
- John Edward Beverley (Treasurer), Independent/Retired
- Rezaul Karim Chowdhury, COAST Trust, Executive Director
- Osama Ezzo, Independent, Former volunteer Syrian Arab Red Crescent Society
- Nick Guttmann, Christian Aid, Head of Humanitarian Division
- Jacqueline Heany, CAFOD, Head of People and Performance
- Sayeda Tahya Hossain, BRAC, Chief People Officer, Human Resource and Learning Division
- Prof. Dorothea Hilhorst, Independent, Wageningen University, Netherlands, Special Chair Humanitarian Aid and Reconstruction, Secretary and Founding Member of the International Humanitarian Studies Association
- Takeshi Komino, Community World Service, Asia, Deputy Director, Regional Programs and Resource Mobilisation
- Bijay Kumar, ActionAid International, Kenya, Executive Director
- Jacqueline Koster, World Renew, Regional Programme Manager, Central, East and Southern Africa
- Martha Nemera Woyessa, Women Support Association (WSA), Executive Director
- Robert Sweatman, British Red Cross, Head of Performance and Accountability