Benefits of membership
There are numerous benefits to becoming a member of the CHS Alliance. Joining a community of organisations putting the voices of affected populations at the heart of what they do means that your organisation will be part of a global movement calling for improvements in quality, accountability and people management. Together, we have ensured that quality and accountability is at the heart of the agenda of global fora such as the World Humanitarian Summit, and within the UN System. Our work on people management is unique, and has driven improvements across the humanitarian and development sectors. In addition to being part of this movement, you can expect:
- Reputational benefits: joining the Alliance has helped raise the profile of members within the sector, with donors and other stakeholders.
- Free tools and resources: Alliance members have exclusive access to a range of free-to-access tools and resources to assist with the application of the Core Humanitarian Standard. This in addition to access to the online resource library containing more than 1,000 documents (and growing) relating to quality, accountability and people management.
- Support in applying the Core Humanitarian Standard: each full member receives 10 free copies of the Core Humanitarian Standard in one of our four core languages, as well as access to a fast-track distribution service where members can order additional copies.
- Regular newsletters packed with advice: bringing together all the most recent tools, resources and learning on key aspect of quality, accountability and people management.
- Free and discounted capacity development courses: advanced notice and free or discounted participation in our broad range of capacity development courses, which include courses on the Core Humanitarian Standard, Complaints and Response Mechanisms and Investigations.
- Participation in our conferences: join our global and regional conferences, which include Humanitarian Human Resource Conferences in Europe, Africa and Asia, our annual Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse Conference, and a number of other global and regional learning events relating to the Core Humanitarian Standard.
- Bespoke training and consultancy: access bespoke and tailored training and consultancy on the application of the Core Humanitarian Standard, as well as other aspects of quality, accountability and people management.
- Access to member networks: attend member networks (events, webinars and online discussion forums throughout the year), which address issues of mutual interest and currently include: Reward, Staff Care, HR Managers and Learning and Development.
- Access to our partner consultant network: free access to our partner consultant network, which lists pre-approved consultants making your search for the right support much easier.
- Access to member learning: become part of our Community of Practice (CoP), a support group for organisations applying the Core Humanitarian Standard (CHS).
- Opportunities for collaboration: as an Alliance member, you will benefit from a host of collaboration and learning opportunities. In 2016, this includes participating in the Core Competency Framework and involvement in research into fairer pay and surge capacity.
- Access to CHS Alliance research: priority access to thought-leading pieces of research that the Alliance is either producing or collaborating on.
- Enrolment in our complaints mechanism: as a member you have access to an arbitration service in case of a complaint against your organisation.
- Numerous opportunities to meet the team: Either at our offices in Geneva, London, Nairobi or online at one of our member webinars or forums, or at the Annual General Assembly!