Vision, mission and strategy
The vision, mission and strategic mandates of CHS Alliance are as follows:
People and communities vulnerable to risk and affected by disaster, conflict or poverty, influence and access quality assistance and can hold organisations accountable.
To promote respect for the rights and dignity of people and communities vulnerable to risk and affected by disaster, conflict or poverty and enhance the effectiveness and impact of assistance by building a culture of quality and accountability.
Read CHS Alliance's Annual Report 2017
Find a condensed version of our Annual Report 2017 (two-pager)
CHS Alliance will enhance the effectiveness and impact of assistance for people and communities vulnerable to risk and affected by disaster, conflict or poverty, by:
- Strengthening the capacity of individuals and organisations and systems to deliver quality and accountable assistance.
- Leading and facilitating the development, promotion and maintenance of the Core Humanitarian Standard on Quality and Accountability.
- Managing the development, promotion and maintenance of the Core Humanitarian Standard monitoring, reporting and verification scheme.
- Leading improvements in people management and engagement.
- Collecting and using evidence to influence policy and practice at local, national, regional and international level.
- Stimulating and facilitating learning, continuous improvement and innovation to contribute to organisational and operational effectiveness.
External evaluation of the CHS Alliance, 2018
Management response matrix
Read CHS Alliance's Strategy 2018-2021 here
Read CHS Alliance's Operational plan 2018 here
Read CHS Alliance's statutes here