NGO Local Pay Surveys: Building Community, Capacity, and Confidence
Duration: 1 day
Location: Bangkok, Thailand
Booking Deadline: -
Price: 0 GBP for members, 0 GBP for non-members
Do you need to clarify your internal compensation and benefits packages and know how they compare to others in the local labor markets? Is your agency one of the 250 participating in the NGO Local Pay surveys recently completed, in process, or about to be launched in Asia? If not, why not?
Considering the complex issues in the region, there is no better time than now to deepen your understanding of your salary data and use it more effectively to make strategic decisions. Representatives from Birches Group - leaders in NGO pay data in developing markets - will hold a one-day NGO Rewards conference in collaboration with People in Aid and InsideNGO on 8 May 2014 in Bangkok. This will give managers in the humanitarian and development assistance sector with responsibilities for the management of reward insights into the uses of NGO Local Pay surveys, understanding of the labor market intelligence they contain, and access to professional networking and development in order to build their capacity to act as a strategic partner in their organizations.
The aims of the one-day event are to help you:
- Appreciate the benefits of participating in the salary surveys annually
- Understand the results of your agency salary surveys
- Comprehend compensation and benefits trends in the region
- Learn how to better manage rewards in your organization
- Building of an NGO Local Pay "survey community" for knowledge-sharing, networking, and professional development
- Use NGO Local Pay surveys for good management of reward in your organizations
- Build skills and capacity as a professional manager of reward
The event's agenda will include:
- An overview of the NGO Local Pay collaboration, the partnership among Birches Group, InsideNGO and People In Aid, and an update on the progress and plans for the NGO Local Pay initiative globally
- Birches Group: an overview and summary of services and capabilities
- An extensive "working session" on the uses of the NGO Local Pay survey report
- A case study, presented by an INGO practitioner from the region, on their organization's use of the NGO Local Pay surveys: nationally, regionally and globally
Participants will walk away from the event familiar with and confident using the NGO Local Pay survey, aware of the key compensation issues in Thailand and the region, and connected to a broader network of HR/reward professionals.
The event is designed to give managers in the humanitarian and development sector, with responsibilities for the management of reward, insights into the uses of NGO Local Pay surveys, understanding of the labour market intelligence they contain, and access to professional networking and development in order to build their capacity to act as a strategic partner in their organisations.
IMPORTANT: The fee for attending this event is 50 USD. This fee must be paid in cash upon arrival at the event.
In addition to the one-day group session on 8 May, Birches Group representatives will be available upon request for individual visits to agencies May 5, 6 and 7 for individual meetings. If you would like to organise a one-to-one meeting with the Birches team members, please contact Curtis Grund.