Join the CHS Alliance, become our next Head of Policy, Advocacy and Learning!
Policy and advocacy
- Building on the CHS Alliance 2018 – 2021 strategy, will develop, a strategic policy and advocacy workplan, to enable various stakeholders, staff, CHS Alliance members and partners, donors and UN agencies to maximise and amplify their influence for long-term change in the sector in relation to quality, accountability and people management.
- Actively explore fundraising opportunities to support the delivery of the strategy – and liaise with donors as necessary - in coordination with the ED.
- Identify key strategic issues that have potential to influence long-term change in the sector.
- Ensure the production of timely, strategic and high-quality policy briefs and more extensive analytical reports which can be used to promote CHS Alliance strategic objectives.
- Advocate for the application of a common reference framework to promote humanitarian effectiveness and AAP post World Humanitarian Summit, to support the implementation of the Grand Bargain and capitalise on all opportunities to engage external stakeholders to contribute to and co-implement relevant plans in support of the overall agenda for humanity.
- Provide strategic advice to the Executive Director on all policy issues and strategic support to other Heads of Sections and CHS Alliance teams as relevant.
The Core Humanitarian Standard on Quality and Accountability
- Actively promote the use, application, monitoring, verification and, where relevant, certification, of the Core Humanitarian Standard on Quality and Accountability.
- Drive use of and constant improvement of a range of self-assessment and peer review tools by members, leveraging data and lessons from these exercises for the benefit of individual members and the sector.
- Commission independent research to develop the “business case” for the CHS and ensure it is supported by case study materials as well as member and partner testimonials.
- Contribute to reviews of the CHS, working closely with relevant stakeholders.
- Promote lessons learned on the CHS through the development of regular policy briefs and events.
- Lead on the implementation of the UN engagement strategy, working with key partners to support progress against 2018 – 2021 strategic objectives.
- Develop appropriate strategic partnerships with leading academic institutions and centres of excellence that have a strong humanitarian and development research interest.
External engagement and relationship building
- Maintain effective relationships with NGOs, NGO Networks, UN agencies, host governments, donors, private sector organizations and other partners, in order to keep them informed on, and to raise awareness on important strategic policy issues.
- Attend strategic meetings with stakeholders as relevant and represent CHS Alliance as requested to increase the CHS Alliance’s profile.
Strategic planning, monitoring, reporting and team building
- Contribute to the development and review of the CHS Alliance 2018 – 2021 strategy, annual workplans, progress reports and CHS Alliance policies.
- Attend annual CHS Alliance planning and team building events as relevant.
- Actively promote and contribute to a good CHS Alliance team work environment and spirit.
- Provide editorial support from a policy perspective to the preparation and distribution of publicity and marketing materials.
- Submit regular communication pieces to the Communications team to ensure that the CHS Alliance advocacy messages and positions are widely shared and adapted to different audiences.
Member support and member expansion
- Provide policy support to CHS Alliance members as relevant to work areas and where it is mutually beneficial to work together.
- Promote the benefits of membership of the CHS Alliance among new organisations.
- Support a portfolio of members as agreed by Senior Management Team.
Human Resources and Financial Management:
- Recruit, support, and people manage policy team members and any project staff.
- Performance manage as per CHS Alliance procedures.
- Manage the policy, advocacy and learning budget.
- Ensure timely reporting to relevant donors.
How to apply:
Interested candidates should submit their applications by email to email@example.com
Applications shall include a CV and a motivation letter. Please mention your name and the vacancy number in the subject line. Deadline for applications: 27th October 2017. Interviews planned for the first week of November