Don't let PSEA stand alone - join the discussion on 6 February at the Humanitarian Networks and Partnerships Week
The timely topic "Don't let PSEA stand alone" will bring together key representatives of the humanitarian and development sectors to identify opportunities and challenges when it comes to integrating PSEA in the way we work in the sector. Join the discussion at the Humanitarian Networks and Partnerships Week (HNPW) on Wednesday, 6 February 2019 at 11:00 am.
Protection from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (PSEA) is not a stand-alone issue. It needs to be integrated in the way we work, as all other elements of quality and accountability, from the head office to the field. How confident are you that you integrate PSEA in your overall management system and do the right things? How can you tell?
One fourth of the Core Humanitarian Standard on Quality and Accountability (CHS) is related to PSEA. The Standard covers other cross-cutting issues like participation and communication with people affected by crisis and diversity, as well as risk management. How do they link together?
How can you apply the CHS at its best and measure your performance? How - as a sector - can we create evidence on the progress on PSEA as part of the overall management of quality and accountability? How do the commitments made at the recent Safeguarding Summit help us in this endeavour? How do the existing standards (IASC MoS, CHS, etc.) work together?
The following speakers will be present:
- Tanya Axisa, Task Team Coordinator, IASC AAP PSEA
- Allan A. Calma, Regional Program Coordinator & CHS Focal Point, LWF World Service
- Claire Goudsmit, Special Advisor, HQAI
- Pierre Hauselmann, Executive Director, HQAI
- Alexandra Hileman, PSEA-CBM Coordinator, IOM
- Bonaventure Sokpoh, Head of Policy, Advocacy and Learning, CHS Alliance
- Gry Tina Tinde, Advisor on Prevention and Response to Sexual Exploitation and Abuse, IFRC
- Dylan Winder, Head of Humanitarian Response, Department for International Development, UK Mission
- Tanya Wood, Executive Director, CHS Alliance