Who is eligible for full membership of the CHS Alliance?
An organisation is eligible to be made a full member of the CHS Alliance if:
- It is an organisation whose core activities, or whose members core activities, work towards assisting and protecting vulnerable people and crisis-affected communities. They can be non-governmental organisations (NGO), NGO networks, global NGO Secretariats, or NGO consortia.
- It is legally registered or recognised as a not for profit organisation in the country where it has its headquarters.
- It makes no adverse distinction in its work on the basis of nationality, race, gender, diversity, religious belief, class or political opinion.
- It meets the requirements for financial accountability under the law in the country where it has its headquarters.
- It has a documented organisational commitment to quality and accountability in its activities and management practices towards people and communities affected by disaster, conflict and poverty.
Full member organisations must be approved by the governing board and adhere to the CHS Alliance membership by-laws and policies of the CHS Alliance.
What are the requirements for all full members of the CHS Alliance?
- To have a staff code of conduct that includes the prohibition of sexual exploitation and abuse by staff included permanent and temporary staff, volunteers, and consultants.
- To submit a CHS Alignment Statement during the process of joining the membership, in order to inform us of the efforts in place to implement the CHS. This statement will have to be updated on a yearly basis until the organisation conducts an evaluation of its performance against the CHS using one of the four options of the Verification Scheme.
- To pay membership fees within eight weeks of receipt of annual invoice.
What are the rights of full members of the CHS Alliance?
- Entitled to attend and speak at general meetings of the CHS Alliance.
- Entitled to vote at general meetings of the CHS Alliance.
- Eligible for election to the board of the CHS Alliance.
- Entitled to nominate persons to stand for election to the Board.
- Entitled to participate in committees and working groups of the CHS Alliance.
- Entitled to lodge proposals for consideration at the general assembly.
- Entitled to preferential access to events and support services.
How much does it cost to become a full member of the CHS Alliance?
Find out more at https://www.chsalliance.org/membership/membership-fee-structure
Download the application form for full membership of the CHS Alliance.